Student Enrollment Wizard
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Student Enrollment Wizard
Enrollment wizard is a standard RIO Education Component. It can be used for students to enroll into specific Terms, Courses, and Sessions. Internal users can also use the same "enrollment wizard" in Salesforce to enroll students just like how the students do it in the Student Community.
As they are the same components, they tend to share the same validations and configuration. For instance, the Course "Enroll" button display will depend on the "Eligible to Enroll" flag in Program Enrollment. This article will be a simple guidance to do an enrollment from student and internal users perspective.
1. Assuming the student has logged in through the portal, please click on "Programs" and "My Pathway" afterwards.
2. Select the respective Term you wish to enroll into.
Note: The 'Credits Enrolled' are referred (rolled up) from the amount of credits enrolled in PE Pathway.
3. Select the Courses you wish to enroll into.
Note: As of v3.8.3, an additional info message will be shown on the enrollment confirmation to inform students about the required co-requisite Courses. The co-requisite requirements will now always be set as met (see here for more information).
4. Navigate to the "Sessions" tab and enroll the Sessions that are available and suit you the best.
Salesforce internal user perspective
1. To enroll a student, please navigate to the respective Program Enrollment record.
(Contact > Enrollments > Course Enrollment ID)
3. Internal users can now enroll the student to the Courses respectively by clicking the enroll button. Both the information populated and the filter available work exactly the same in the Community.
Note: Clicking on the Course Name / Module Name will display the following information in a popup:
|Course description||Taken from the "Description" field in the Plan Requirement (Course) record.
||Taken from the "Requirement Description" field in the Plan Requirement (Course) record.|
Taken from the "Fee Amount" field (Domestic or International depending on student's citizenship), which is under the Course Offering record.
4. Navigate to "Sessions" and you can enroll the students into their respective Sessions.
Question mark button for modules:
This is a guideline for when you are considering which Courses to enroll into. It also explains the filter as well as the symbol being used.
Question mark button for Sessions:
This is a guideline for when you are choosing which Session to enroll into.
Calendar View Button in Sessions:
By clicking on this, it allows you to see and enroll the Session available through the calendar view. You can then click on the Session you prefer and a message box will pop up, populating the information for the Session.