[Functional] C04 - Program Discipline Setup
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
RIO Challenge C04 - Program Discipline Setup
In RIO Education, the Program Discipline object tracks disciplines (i.e. Majors and Minors within a Program Plan). Under each Program Discipline, there are Discipline Requirements (the Courses that are required to be completed for that Major).
- Understand how to enroll into a Program Discipline.
Estimated time to complete
Steps to complete the challenge
In this challenge, a student is enrolling to a Program Discipline via the enrollment wizard.
- Click on the 'RIO Challenge V2' tab at the bottom left of the page. Click on 'Initiate Challenge' to generate the data required for this challenge.
- For this challenge, we will be enrolling into the 'Major in Business Strategy'. Before we enroll the student into the Program Discipline, lets take a look at the structure of this Major.
Go to the 'Program Enrollments' tab and select the list view 'Challenge 4 - Program Setup' to find the Program Enrollment created for this challenge.
In the Details tab, click on the Program Plan: 'C04 - RIOUNI02'
- Once in the Program Plan record, click the 'Program Disciplines' tab and review the Program Discipline 'C04 - BUS Major in Business Strategy' and its Discipline Requirements.
The Program Discipline structure of this Major would be as such:
Students will need to complete the required credit in all the Discipline Requirements (Group) in order to complete the major. The credits can be gained by enrolling and completing the courses specified in the Discipline Requirements (Course).
- Now that we understand the structure of the Major, let us enroll the student into the Major. In the Program Enrollment, click on the 'PE Disciplines' tab. Click 'Select' to enroll the student to 'C04 - BUS Major in Business Strategy'.
- Click the button 'Overview' to view the details of the enrolled major. From the overview, we can see that the Courses required to complete the Major are within the Elective Group.
(Note: Students and the admission team can enroll to multiple Majors and Minors. However, a custom validation can be implemented to prevent student from selecting more than one.)
- Congratulations, you have completed the challenge! Click on the 'RIO Challenge V2' tab at the bottom left of the page, and click on 'Complete Challenge'.