Modelling a multi-language Program Offering in RIO Education
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Implementing RIO Education
- Deep Dive
- Integration with RIO
- RIO Ready
- RIO Challenges
How to model a multi-language Program Offering in RIO Education?
An Educational Institution offers a Program in two languages: English and French. The same goes for the Program, the Study Plan, and the Courses that a student will be taking, irrespective of the language in which the student undertakes the Program.
Suggested data model
- Option A - Use language-specific Course Offering.
- Option B - Use a single Course Offering and manage language at the Session level.
- All the setup would be similar to a single-language Program until creating Sessions.
- When creating Sessions, we would create two options for them. One option would be in English and the other would be in French. We would indicate the students that they must choose either one of the two options.
- After enrolling in a Course In the Student Community, students will have the option to select the Sessions in their language.
In both cases, the student has the option to choose the language in which to take each Course, but this is just an option. None of these data models will make it mandatory for the student to stick to a specific language.
Besides, neither option requires that the student indicate a preferred language prior to commencing the Program.