RIO Education 3.14.3 Release Notes
Enhancements, new features, and bug fixes
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
If a specific enhancement or new feature requires configuration, the notes will mention:
- the upgrade notes (steps),
- the components ("RIO Ed - Aura"),
- the attributes (configurable settings), and/or,
- the custom metadata type.
Otherwise, if there is no mention on configuration, attributes, RIO Ed - Aura components, or upgrade notes for a specific enhancement, this means that specific enhancement is automatically available upon installing this new version.
No configuration is needed for a new feature unless stated otherwise.
For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 15th November 2023
3.14.3 New Install
Before you upgrade
If you have not already enabled LWS in your instance, make sure to enable it. See here for more details.
- We recommend you to test new versions in a sandbox first (according to your own test cases), before rolling it into production.
- It is important to review the upgrade plans and the metadata to be applied before performing any action, as we do not support rollback.
Enhancements - Master Data Management
ISS-001791 Program structure component to support community
Previously, the Program Structure wizard was only available on the internal console.
This is now available for students to use on the Community, to enable them to view the program hierarchy and requirements.
- Made the recordId parameter available for the Community in the RIO Ed - Program Structure Overview component.
- Added the following permissions to the REDU - Student permission set.
- Plan Requirement:
- Category - Read.
- Courses Required - Read.
- Credits equivalent per Course - Read.
- Max Credits - Read.
- Plan Requirement:
If there isn't already a Program Plan object page in the Student Community, you may build one and add the component. For more details, follow these steps here.
Enhancements - Assessment and Completion
ISS-001793 Grading wizard - Term Grade to support custom fields
The grading component can now display custom Term Grade fields, in order to allow faculty members to enter additional details.
To support this, a new attribute “Term Grade Field Set” is added to the RIO Ed - Session Grading (Aura) component.
Admin can create a new field set containing any custom Term Grade fields.
Then, edit the RIO Ed - Session Grading (Aura) component and update the “Term Grade Field Set” field with the new field set.
See also: RIO Ed - Session Grading (Aura)
Enhancements - Others
ISS-001792 Support different "_target" for clickable reference field
Previously, clicking on any record listed on the Related List - Single (Aura) component would always open that record in a new tab.
To provide users the choice of either having a new tab opened, or having the current tab redirected to that record, a new attribute “Target Reference” has been added to these components:
- RIO Ed - Related List - Single (Aura)
- RIO Ed - Display Student Connections (Aura)
- RIO Ed - Program Completion (Aura)
The default value is “_blank”, which opens a new tab when clicking on a record.
Setting the value to “_self” will redirect the current tab to that record.