Questions on payment
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
A student is paying outstanding fees using Payments2US in the Digital Experience aka Student Community.
1. Can the student pay a different amount to what is owing, i.e. less or more?
2. If the student has more than 1 invoice (think Fees and later an Ad-hoc charge, which was added after a cut-off date), is that presented in 1x amount owing?
3. Can the payment amount field be editable to pay less but not more than the amount owing?
1. Yes, the student can make the amount field editable in Payments2Us.
2. This depends on the timing of creating the Payments2Us payment transaction record.
If the payment transaction is created before that and paid, then the student would need another payment transaction to cater for the outstanding amount.
If the payment transaction is created after, then it could be included in the same transaction.
3. According to Payments2Us:
You can use validation rules to enforce min/max on the Payment Txn. MAKE SURE you include the criteria in some of our examples - e.g. Status = Confirmation, Transaction source does NOT include Recurring Auth etc.