RIO Education 3.11.10 Release Notes
Enhancements, new features, and bug fixes
Table of Contents
If a specific enhancement or new feature requires configuration, the notes will mention:
- the upgrade notes (steps),
- the components ("RIO Ed - Aura"),
- the attributes (configurable settings), and/or,
- the custom metadata type.
Otherwise, if there is no mention on configuration, attributes, RIO Ed - Aura components, or upgrade notes for a specific enhancement, this means that specific enhancement is automatically available upon installing this new version.
No configuration is needed for a new feature unless stated otherwise.
For more information on installing or upgrading your RIO Education version, head here.
Release date: 10th August 2023
Before you upgrade
- We recommend you to test new versions in a sandbox first (according to your own test cases), before rolling it into production.
- It is important to review the upgrade plans and the metadata to be applied before performing any action, as we do not support rollback.
Bug Fix - Admission
ISS-001697 Requirement Set - Total Requirement Incorrect Rollup
Fixed a bug where deleting or deactivating the last Requirement for a Requirement Set would not update the Requirement Set rollup fields correctly.
See also: Application Requirement and Checklist
Bug Fix - Enrollment Management
ISS-001686 Join Waiting List button appears on the Session Enrollment Wizard even the student has enrolled to the session
When a Session has reached maximum capacity (fully enrolled), the "Join Waiting List" button will appear on the Enrollment Wizard (by clicking on the "Details" button), or on the Calendar View (by clicking on the calendar booking).
However, this button will be visible to all students regardless of their enrollment status to the Session.
This might confuse students who have already enrolled to it (Status = Enrolled) before the capacity has been maxed out.
Therefore, this is now updated, so that the 'Join Waiting List' button will only appear in the Session Details of the Enrollment Wizard:
- if the student is not currently enrolled in the Session, AND,
- the Session is already at maximum capacity.
See also: Session Waitlist
ISS-001695 Fix Pre-requisite for Completed-Fail Condition
Previously, the Course Requirement Type = 'Pre-Requisite (Enrolled or Completed)' does not check whether the completed Course Connection has a pass or fail grade.
To prevent students from being able to enroll to another Course despite failing the pre-requisite Course, the requirement logic has been updated.
This will now check if the Course Connection is either:
- completed AND passed (i.e. completed with a pass grade).