Overview - Project Management & Governance
This is how the RIO team manages your project, in our Salesforce instance.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
RIO Project Methodology
The RIO implementation methodology uses RIO Recipe.
Internally we develop our project plans using Mission Control, a Salesforce solution for project management:
- All of the Project actions/tasks, resource assignments, issues and time logging are captured in a Mission Control Project, allowing for monthly or milestone time-logs to be provided to the customer.
Once agreement is in place to deliver RIO Education, we create:
- A Project Plan in Mission Control.
- A set of Milestones for:
- Design & Prototype.
- UAT, Data Migration and Deployment.
- Post Go Live Support.
- Our Project Plan can generate a Gantt Chart, we share this with the customer.
Identifying the key stakeholders, aka RIO Most Wanted
The list of stakeholders needed to deliver a successful SIS implementation. Get the full list here: RIO Education Most Wanted.
MVP Gantt Chart
Here is a sample Gantt chart for a sample RIO project:
- This project is ~6 months in duration
- Project roles have been assigned
- RIO Recipe - sample project gantt chart is provided.
Please note this is a sample only and project timelines will vary. The duration of a RIO Education project is highly dependent on the following:
- Customisation of RIO Education that is outside of our standard MVP Requirements.
- Complexity of the data migration exercise:
- Number of data sources and unique identifiers within each data source.
- Cleanliness of data to be migrated.
- Number of years of data to be migrated.
- Compatibility of historical data to a modern data model.
- Number of Integration end points and process needed.
- Number of languages to be provided for students and faculty, i.e. English, Spanish, French, Portuguese.
Before you start a RIO Education project, please adjust this plan according to your customer's requirements.