The success of your project starts here.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
Great! You are ready to kick start the discovery phase. Our MVP approach suggests at least 9 Discovery Sessions to cover all the focus areas. Take a look at each session below to understand who should attend and what you need to prepare.
Discovery Session 1 - Master Data/Program/Term Management
Who: IT Team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we will cover the foundation setup of RIO and how your institution's data will look in RIO. For example, this is a standard Master Data Setup using our fictional RIO University as an example.
- Take a look at this Program Administration video to have an idea on how to structure your Program/Course data.
- Please send us any Program/Course Guide you have. You can pick the most popular Program as an example.
- List Faculty/Users.
Discovery Session 2 - Admission/Application
Who: IT Team, Admission team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we are going to walkthrough your current admissions process for both domestic and international applicants.
- Sample LOO file.
- Sample COE (if any).
- Sample Student ID format.
- Sample Student Email format.
Discovery Session 3 - Student Management/Student Community
Who: IT Team, Registrar Team, Student Service Team.
What: In this session, we will cover the Student Experience from the RIO Education Portal and also the internal console view for Student Management.
- Take a look at this video on Student Experience to refresh your memory on how a Student will interact with the system.
- Take a look at this video on Student Management to understand how the Registrar team can manage Students Enrollment in the system.
- Take a look at this video on 360 Student View to get an idea of a comprehensive view of all data related to a Student in the system.
- Any custom student forms or experience that is required and is not standard.
Discovery Session 4 - Fees/Bursaries/Billing and Finance
Who: IT Team, Finance team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we will follow the money trail. We will cover all the billing events and how we interact with Students.
Discovery Session 5 - Session Management/Appointment Scheduling/ Attendance Management
Who: IT Team, Registrar Team.
What: In this session, we will take a look at how to schedule Sessions in RIO Education. In the process, we will also assign an available/suitable facility/faculty member for the Session. Apart from that, we will cover how faculty can mark students attendance via the community portal.
- Understand the relationship between Term, Course Offering and Session.
- Take a look at this video to get a good idea of Session Scheduler feature in RIO Education.
- Take a look at this video on Faculty Community to get an idea what faculty can do in the portal.
- Qualified faculty (Optional. Only if we want RIO Education to alert you if a Faculty Member is not qualified to teach certain Courses).
- Sample Course Offering for the last Term. For example, what Courses are available for last Term.
- Faculty member/facility availability for appointment (Optional).
Discovery Session 6 - Assessment/Grade Management
Who: IT Team, Assessment Team (LMS), Registrar.
What: In this session, we will cover the assessment and completion of the Courses. Any LMS integration should be discussed here too.
- Please send us your latest grade book.
- For LMS Moodle/Canvas Integration, please take a look at RIO Education documentation.
- If not using Moodle or Canvas, please identify the LMS in use, release version, on-premise or cloud based.
- Please provide a sample Course Assessment with weightage. For example, BUS101 has 20% assignment + 80% exam.
- Sample Transcript.
- Certification/Testamur (Optional. Only if it is applicable).
- LMS admin login (both production and sandbox).
Discovery Session 7 - Reporting
Who: IT Team, Admissions team, Registrar team, Finance team.
What: In this session, we will review the overall reporting requirements, including:
- Understanding the RIO Reporting Engine functionality and how it differs from the available Salesforce reporting functionality.
- Identifying and documenting the reporting requirements for each of the stakeholders.
- Identifying any statutory and compliance reporting requirements:
- The timeline required for compliance reporting availability.
- Identifying the stakeholders that will take on the role of reporting champions in the future.
- Identify all current internal and compliance reporting mechanisms and the due date for reports with time sensitive requirements.
- Be prepared to provide examples of existing reports.
Discovery Session 8 - Data Migration
Who: IT Team, Registrar team, Finance team.
What: In this session, we will analyse the data tthat is required o be imported into RIO Education. We will review and document the following:
- Data sources.
- Format of extracted data from each data source.
- If there are multiple data sources, what is the unique identifier to ensure duplication does not occur.
- Quality of existing data, data cleanliness and duplicates.
- What is missing from the available data, i.e. is the current student progression status available to be exported.
- Identify and document the Master Data and the Transactional Data.
- Identify and document who will export the data and when.
- Timing for the loading of data:
- Time required to extract data from each data source.
- Time required to load all data sources in the future.
- Are all data extracts full or can delta data extracts be provided.
- A sample of data is analysed for a test import into the RIO Education data model.
- Any custom fields or objects are identified and documented.
- Identify all our data sources.
- Research available mechanisms to export data.
- Provide sample data.
- Review sample data load.
Discovery Session 9 - Integration to third party systems
Who: IT Team.
What: In this session, we will analyse the integration points required in addition to any LMS integration. We will look at the typical integration points:
- Finance systems.
- Digital transcripts.
- Credential management.
- Identify all desired integrations.
- Provide details on:
- Application name
- Is application on-premise or cloud based.
- What is the release version.
- Is there a sandbox equivalent for the application to enable integration testing.
- Who in your organisation owns the relationship with the vendor that owns this application.
- What are your expectations for the type of integration, i.e. direct and the timing of synchronisation of data, i.e. on-demand, daily, weekly