RIO Education - Full Package Installation Guide
How to install and setup RIO Education from scratch.
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Table of Contents
This is a manual or guide on installing RIO Education from scratch and setting up other features such as Community (portal).
1. Install EDA
i. Install EDA
Install EDA using the installer here.
- You can follow the steps in the Salesforce Product Documentation here.
- If the EDA version is before 1.114, the Education Cloud Settings should be configured (reference available here).
- Make sure to disable the 'Lightning Web Security' on the Session Settings in Setup.
ii. Enable Digital Experiences
- From your instance, go to Setup -> Digital Experiences -> Settings.
- Check the "Enabled Digital Experiences" checkbox (reference available here).
- Enter a preferred domain name, check its availability, and then click Save.
- Navigate to Digital Experience >> Settings, mark "Enable ExperienceBundle Metadata API" as true, and then click Save.
2. Install RIO Education
i. Install RIO Education
Install RIO Education using the installer here.
- Log in to your Salesforce instance.
- Run the Pre-Install Validation.
Select all optional metadata steps (unless you already have a prior version of RIO Education installed in your instance, in which case, the optional metadata should not be deployed).
- Click Install.
Note: A detailed description of each product and plan in the installer can be found in this this article here.Delete
ii. Install Org-Wide Default Sharing
Install Org-Wide Default Sharing using the installer here.
- This plan contains only one step that sets the Org-Wide Default Sharing Settings for Standard, EDA, and RIO Education objects. The exact configurations can be found in this article here.
iii. Install Community Security Setup
Install Community Security Setup using the installer here.
- Select only the metadata "RIO Education - Combined Community Security Setup".
3. Install AppExchange products (if required)
If you require a payment gateway solution for your instance, you can install Payments2Us from AppExchange here.Delete
If you require transcripts for your Community (e.g. student results transcript), you can install S-Docs.
- Go to Setup and search for 'AppExchange Marketplace'.
- Select 'Apps'.
- Search for 'S-Docs' and click on 'Get It Now'.
- Install for all users.
4. Install extension packages (if required)
If you require additional functionalities such as Student Housing or Reporting Engine, you can install them by following the guide here.Delete
5. Install RIO Ready (including Community/Digital Experience setup)
i. Install RIO Ready
RIO Ready contains pre-built components that cover a variety of functionalities.
Install RIO Ready using the installer here.
Take note that some of the RIO Ready metadata options here require you to install the relevant AppExchange products or Extension Packages beforehand.
- RIO Ready - Community Transcript requires S-Docs from the AppExchange.
- RIO Ready - Payments2Us requires Payments2Us from the AppExchange.
- RIO Ready - Housing Fee Generation and Housing Application Form both require the Housing Extension Package.
ii. Setup the functionalities that you have installed
After installing all the RIO Ready functionalities in the previous step, you can proceed to set up the ones that you need.
For example, if you require the Login/Self-Registration for your Community, you can set it up by referring to this article here.
For a list of all the RIO Ready functionalities and the steps to set them up, refer here.Delete